Motorola Moto Z2 Play now available on Vodafone

Just last week we told you that the new Motorola Z2 play was about to arrive on the Vodafone UK network. So, just like clockwork, here it is.

If you want to be a bit different or try something that isn’t a Samsung or an iPhone, the modular Moto Z2 Play delivers a bright 5.5″ 1080×1920 screen and is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8953-Pro Snapdragon 626 octa-core CPU running at 2.2 GHz.

Motorola Moto Z2 Play now available on Vodafone

Other details include the 64GB storage, a microSD slot, 4GB RAM, 12 megapixel dual autofocus rear camera, 5 megapixel front, Android 7, 3000mAh battery, NFC, 3.5mm audio port, GPS, WiFi and…

.. wait a minute. I said “modular”, right? Ah yes, because, with the aid of that connector on the back, there’s a range of additional components available. Clip on speakers, cameras and battery packs called “Moto mods”.

Like the Honor / Huawei handsets, you can find your way around the phone with a one-button navigation system, and there’s a fast-charge battery too.

Vodafone customers can pick up the Motorola Moto Z2 Play for just £28 per month with no upfront cost. That gets you unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB of data. If that’s not enough data, you can ramp it up to 8GB data for £40 per month. That’s going to also get you Sky Sports Mobile TV, Spotify Premium or NOW TV for 24 months.

The post Motorola Moto Z2 Play now available on Vodafone is original content from Coolsmartphone. If you see it on another news website, please let us know.

Facebook

  • Google+
  • RSS Feed
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Podcast


    Source: CoolSmartPhone.com News

  • Wells Fargo Brings NFC Access to 5,000 ATMs

    Wells Fargo today made good on its promise to allow customers to access their accounts at ATMs via tap-and-go NFC transactions. The company says 40% of its 13,000 ATMs, or about 5,000, now support NFC-based interactions. Wells Fargo plans to update its remaining 8,000 ATMs with NFC by 2019. Customers tap their phone to the NFC sticker on the ATM to initiate the transition, which will also require their banking card PIN. The company says it supports most mobile wallet features from Wells Fargo Wallet for Android, Apple Pay, Android Pay, or Samsung Pay. The ATMs will continue to support traditional bank cards. Earlier this year, Wells Fargo rolled out mobile access at its ATMs through its own mobile app, which generated an 8-digit PIN. This PIN-based mobile service is still available at ATMs that don’t yet support NFC.

    Source: Phone Scoop – Latest News

    As iPhone X Release Date Looms, More Details Emerge

    Now less than a month away from release, Apple’s new iPhone X has begun to be spotted “in the wild.” A 10-second-long video posted on Reddit this past weekend shows someone holding a silver/white-toned phone matching the iPhone X’s specs. As the device is flipped from front to back, viewers can see the screen’s wallpaper dynamically adjust to the phone’s motion.

    The iPhone X is the 10th Anniversary edition of the iPhone, with the X pronounced as the Roman numeral “ten.” Priced at $999 and up, the iPhone X will be available for pre-order starting Oct. 27, with in-store availability set for Nov. 3.

    According to Apple, the phone will feature facial recognition technology for biometric security, along with an OLED display, innovative TrueDepth camera, all-glass front and back, and the A11 Bionic processor with a neural engine.

    Analyst: Expect More Devices with iPhone X Features

    In addition to the iPhone X video that appeared on Saturday, Reddit user anonymousdave52 has posted several other images of the new phone, which features a distinctive notch at the top of its glass face to accommodate the front-facing camera. A photo that went up yesterday on Imgur shows the device in white packaging, while three other images on Reddit show the front and back of an iPhone X that appears black but is likely the color Apple calls “Space Gray.”

    Yesterday, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, considered a highly reliable source for information about coming Apple devices, said in a note to investors that he expects Apple to add some of the iPhone X features to next year’s models of the iPad Pro as well as to any new phones it releases in 2018. Those features are likely to include the iPhone X’s TrueDepth camera, which supports the device’s Face ID for biometric security….
    Source: Mobile Tech Today

    Review: Motorola Moto Gamepad for Moto Z2 Force

    If you live for mobile gaming, the Motorola Moto Gamepad may be the accessory you need to take your gameplay to the next level. It includes a full roster of buttons, joysticks, and toggles in order to take full control of the mobile gaming experience. Here is Phone Scoop’s review.

    Source: Phone Scoop – Latest News

    On EE? Having problems today? You’re not the only one

    On EE? Having problems today? Youre not the only one
    We first heard of EE voice call problems this morning, but problems still seem to exist late into the afternoon, with customers unable to make our receive calls to other networks.

    EE have told us that..

    Some of our customers are reporting problems when trying to make calls to some numbers this morning. All data and messaging services are working as normal. We’re working to fix this as quickly as possible and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

    Calls between EE customers seem to be OK at the moment. Ru Bhikha, mobiles expert at uSwitch.com, stated..

    While it’s good news that messaging and data are still up and running, the lack of a projected timeframe for a fix makes this a disconcerting situation for a large proportion of EE’s some 30 million customers.

    EE have a status checker, but this is under heavy load at the moment. You can keep an eye on things there and they’ll update you once it’s fixed.

    The post On EE? Having problems today? You’re not the only one is original content from Coolsmartphone. If you see it on another news website, please let us know.

    Facebook

  • Google+
  • RSS Feed
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Podcast


    Source: CoolSmartPhone.com News

  • Walmart: The Future of Retailing Is Looking Digital

    Walmart is all about online, anticipating digital sales next fiscal year will rise about 40 percent and that it will double the number of U.S. curbside locations for online grocery shoppers at its stores.

    But the world’s largest retailer continues to scale back new store growth in the U.S., with plans to open only 25 in its fiscal year 2019, which ends January 2019. That compares with opening 230 new U.S. stores during fiscal 2016.

    The retail behemoth is predicting net sales growth at or above 3 percent, driven by online sales and growth from existing stores for the next fiscal year.

    The company reiterated its per-share earnings guidance for next year and launched a two-year, $20 billion share repurchase program.

    Shares rose more than 4 percent on the news

    “No doubt we are in a transformational period of history,” said Doug McMillon, CEO of Walmart Stores Inc., in an address Tuesday to investors at an annual meeting in Bentonville, Arkansas. “Our future is looking more digital.”

    The retailer is armoring up online to take on Amazon.com and more traditional rivals, like Target. The company paid more than $3 billion for the online retailer Jet last year to speed its evolution. It’s been acquiring smaller players like ModCloth, Moosejaw and Bonobos. It’s also deploying digital kiosks called Pickup Towers at a hundred of its stores which spit out products bought on Walmart.com. The company has fast expanded the number of U.S. stores that allow online grocery shoppers to pick up orders at the curb. Currently 1,000 U.S. locations are participating.

    The company went live with voice-activated shopping with Google in answer to Amazon’s Alexa-powered Echo devices. Walmart said customers can now start shopping for more than 2 million Walmart items via Google Assistant as well as Google Express and its app. Walmart announced its partnership with Google…
    Source: Mobile Tech Today

    Google Finds Russian-Linked Ads on Gmail, YouTube and More

    Facebook, Twitter and now Google. Amid growing revelations that the companies which many Americans rely on as news sources were exploited by a Russian disinformation campaign surrounding the U.S. presidential election, there’s a new report that “Russian agents” spent tens of thousands of dollars on ads on Google properties, such as its search engine, YouTube, Gmail and more.

    What’s more, the Washington Post report — which cites unnamed sources — says the Russian agents appear to be different from the ones who bought ads on Facebook.

    Google had previously said it hadn’t found evidence of Russia-linked ads on its platforms. But last week, the company was reported to be looking into the matter.

    Monday, a Google spokesperson confirmed that, sending this publication the following statement in response to a request for comment:

    “We have a set of strict ads policies including limits on political ad targeting and prohibitions on targeting based on race and religion. We are taking a deeper look to investigate attempts to abuse our systems, working with researchers and other companies, and will provide assistance to ongoing inquiries.”

    The Washington Post reports that Google found the Russian links to ads on its platforms by using data from Twitter accounts. Google did this by downloading historical data that Twitter makes available to developers, according to the Post’s sources. Google and Twitter reportedly did not collaborate on the effort, which is supposedly still in its early stages.

    Lawmakers have summoned Facebook, Twitter and Google for public hearings on the matter. The tech giants are scheduled for a double-header on Nov. 1: They have been asked to testify before both the Senate and House intelligence committees.

    The news about Google comes amid a flurry of reports about how Facebook is dealing with bearing the brunt of the blame for “fake news” affecting the election. In September, the…
    Source: Mobile Tech Today

    Big Tech Has Big Plans To Help Reconnect Puerto Rico

    Facebook and Google once aimed to connect the world. Now they would be happy just to reconnect part of it. In the wake of Hurricane Maria, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg pledged to send a “connectivity team” to help restore communications in ravaged Puerto Rico. Google parent company Alphabet offered to send its Wi-Fi balloons [pictured].

    They were among several tech companies proposing disaster response ideas, most aimed at getting phone and internet service up and running. Some of these plans, of course, are more aspirational than others.

    Battery Power

    Tesla CEO Elon Musk often takes to Twitter to mull over ideas, but on Friday his musings about sending his company’s solar-powered batteries to help restore Puerto Rico’s power attracted the attention of the island’s governor.

    “Let’s talk,” said Gov. Ricardo Rossello in a Friday tweet .

    Musk agreed. Hours later, he announced he was delaying the unveiling of Tesla’s new semi-truck and diverting resources, in part to “increase battery production for Puerto Rico and other affected areas.”

    The need for help in restoring power and communication after Hurricane Maria is great: The Puerto Rican energy authority reported Saturday that about 88 percent of the island is still without power. The Federal Communications Commission said Friday that 83 percent of cell sites remain out in Puerto Rico; 57 percent remain out in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

    The FCC’s daily status report also shows significant wireline, TV and radio outages remain in both U.S. territories. The agency formed a task force this week and approved an advance of $77 million to support carriers working to restore telecommunications services.

    Vague Promises

    But many offers of help from big companies remain somewhat vague. Google parent company Alphabet has proposed launching balloons over the island to bring Wi-Fi service to hard-to-reach places, as it has in other parts of the world.

    The FCC announced Saturday…
    Source: Mobile Tech Today

    ZTE Blade Force for Boost Mobile Boasts HPUE

    ZTE today announced the Blade Force smartphone for Boost Mobile. This Android handset includes support for Sprint’s High Performance User Equipment technology and two-channel carrier aggregation for better performance near the cell edge. The Blade Force has a 5.5-inch 720p HD display and it is powered by a 1.4 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 427 processor with 2 GB of memory and 16 GB of storage. The phone supports external storage cards up to 128 GB. The rear camera has an 8-megapixel sensor while the front camera has a 5-megapixel camera. Other features include a 3,000mAh battery, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, and FM radio. The phone runs Android 7.1 Nougat and is available online starting today for $130.

    Source: Phone Scoop – Latest News

    Online abuse. People think they’re in another world.

    I’m always writing about the need to protect kids from their own mobile phones. In the house, when they’re in front of you, you can keep an eye on them. However, when they’re away from you – even in the other room – you could assume that “someone” is protecting and monitoring them.

    Not the case.

    Although your internet provider might block adult websites, they won’t be blocking the feedback and interaction on apps like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp and Pinterest. Other kids, whether they’re at the same school or in a totally different country, can send nasty messages to your kids.

    Online abuse. People think theyre in another world.

    However, we should point out that it’s not just kids either. Anybody venturing out onto social media can be subjected to abusive messages and responses. Bullying online is increasingly common, as anybody who’s ever uploaded a YouTube comment will be aware. Keyboard warriors, sitting behind the apparent anonymity of a screen, think that they’ll never be traced, so they say things online that perhaps they’d never say in “real life”.

    But what would happen if those tweets, those online comments and that hate was taken offline?

    Well, a social experiment, filmed below with actors playing the abusers and those receiving the abuse, aims to find out. This is what happens when online bullying is taken offline.

    The post Online abuse. People think they’re in another world. is original content from Coolsmartphone. If you see it on another news website, please let us know.

    Facebook

  • Google+
  • RSS Feed
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • Podcast


    Source: CoolSmartPhone.com News